As the new recycling bins begin to spring up around campus, you may be interested to learn Culver has had an active recycling program for more than 10 years. The link below shows our recycling efforts significantly improved last year, in part due to expanded use of the “Eagle” recycling bins. Almost 40 tons of material was recycled!
In addition, over the last decade, Culver has kept the following items out of the landfill by working with the Marshall County Solid Waste District and others to reuse, recycle or responsibly dispose of these items.
- Over 30,000 fluorescent ballasts and bulbs
- More than 1,400 tires
- 770 gallons of paint and chemicals
- 127 large appliances (fridges, etc)
- More than 3,300 printer cartridges
- Equivalent of 4 large dump truck loads of electronics
If you have “household hazardous waste” like the items above, please contact Richard Hart or Debbie Smith in Facilities or Chris Kline to arrange for appropriate disposal.